Anthony Porter anthony.porter at computer.org
Wed Apr 28 05:12:09 EDT 1999

Tom,
Yes, the time zone should be the local time of the printer.  I think that if
the printer supports time, then it must support time zones, and allow the
operator to change it.  The operator may have a good reason to set the time
zone to UTC on a particular printer, but it is a problem if the operator
cannot set the local time zone at all.

I am not sure that the specification should say how the client displays
times.  I think that it is more useful if the client displays server times,
together with the current server time.  If the client converts times to
local, it is relying on the client and server clocks being synchronized,
with the correct time zones and the proper allowance for summer time.

Anthony Porter