FW: IPP> SEC - Security Issue - Proposed New Text

Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Sat May 1 06:53:04 EDT 1999

Hugo,

Thanks for your comments. I am pleased to hear that people are now taking it
serious to make real estimates of the costs and efforts to implement a
minimum security option.

I have no objection to switching back to require only Digest for both
Clients and Printers, which would still fulfill the minimum requirements
from the IETF, as long as we can get everybody agreed on it.

Did you come up with any footprint figure for Digest?

Carl-Uno