Richard Shockey rshockey at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 28 14:42:52 EDT 1999

At 10:31 AM 6/28/1999 -0700, Hastings, Tom N wrote:
>I agree with Jay that we need to make notification a priority for IPP.
>Notification has languished during the 14 months.
>
>One way to help the process along would be to have some people prototyping
>(breadboarding) the current proposals and giving feedback. I think that
>notification is an area that needs prototyping more than the rest of the
>spec did in order to get a reasonable and simple spec.
>
>Tom

I would second that thought as well since Notification will have a number
of uses outside the specific "printing" application ... ie QUALDOCS.

It is my hope, in the weeks directly following IETF Oslo, work on that
project can resume now that 1.1 is "in the can".

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax   314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey at ix.netcom.com
eFAX 815.333.1237
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464