harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 20 11:06:18 EDT 1999

Ira -

>On the console display, there are interesting questions...

Another interesting (similar) question is that the MIB
does not indicate what to do when the text message simply
overruns the console buffer. There are various methods
applied like "marques" or "alternate". There is currently
no way, in the MIB, to indicate that the printer is
applying such a method.

Except for "fidelity"... which method the device actually chooses may not be
of great concern. But I've seen management GUIs actually truncate when
prtConsoleDisplayBufferText overruns prtConsoleNumberOfDisplayChars.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com

Ira McDonald <imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com> on 07/20/99 08:33:15 AM