Hugo Parra HPARRA at novell.com
Thu Jul 29 17:45:54 EDT 1999

Have we had a WG Last Call for the IPP Notifications Requirements I-D?  Do we need one?  It seems to me (judging from the DL activity on the subject) that we haven't reached consensus on all points of the NOT Requirements.

-Hugo

>>> "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com> 07/28/99 06:31PM >>>
All,

One of the tasks from the IETF IPP WG in Oslo was to look over our IETF
charter, which is vastly out-of-date.

In today's IPP phone conference we discussed the proposed tasks for the next
12 months and their priorities.

Here is a first shot based on that discussion. Comments from people who were
not in the phone conference?

1) IPP Notifications
   a) Requirements, first I-D			Done
   b) Solutions, first I-D			August 1999
   c) Solutions, WG Last Call			December 1999

2) IPP Administration Operations
   a) Solutions, first I-D			September 1999
   b) Solutions, WG Last Call			March 2000

3) Alternate IPP Transport Mappings
   (Mainly for Server to Device)
   a) Requirements, first I-D			October 1999
   b) Solutions, first I-D			February 2000
   c) Solutions, WG Last Call			June 2000

4) IPP/1.2 Maintenance Release
   (Various extensions, some of which require a new protocol version)
   a) Solutions, first I-D			March 2000
   b) Solutions, WG Last Call			August 2000

A short term task, not worth listing in the charter, is to finish a new
version of the Implementer's Guide for IPP/1.0 and 1.1.

An additional WG task might be to progress IPP/1.1 from Proposed to Draft
Standard. This cannot be properly planned until we have the IPP/1.1 RFCs
published.

(Some other proposals, e.g. for an alternative XML encoding and extensions
into Multi-functional Products, were deemed to have lower priority and be
beyond the 12 month planning horizon).

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com