Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Oct 11 14:32:30 EDT 1999

Hi,
Based on earlier discussions with Keith Moore and the fact that the
current IPP WG is about to wrap up the activities in our original
charter, I would like to instead hold a BOF for IPP Extensions,
which would contain follow-on work not covered in the original
charter.
a. BOF name: IPP Extensions (ippext)
b. Area under which or BOF appears: Application Area
c. Conflicts you wish to avoid: HTTP, IFAX, QUALDOCS.
d. Expected Attendance: 20-30 people
e. Special requests. i.e., multicast (data projectors will be available
   in all meeting rooms): No special requests
2. Tuesday will have one-hour sessions. If your working group or BOF
   needs to meet for one hour or less it will be scheduled on Tuesday.
   One hour may be enough for this BOF.
4. BOF's will not be scheduled unless the AD approved request is
   accompanied by a full description (including BOF name and acronym,
   chairs name) and an agenda.
-----
PROPOSED AGENDA FOR IPP EXTENSIONS (ippext) BOF in IETF46
Chair: Carl-Uno Manros (current chair of IPP WG)
The intent of this work is to provide a number of extensions
which were not covered by the original IPP WG charter, but
for which there is industry demand.
- Short summary of the work done in the IPP WG.
  (Final drafts currently with the IESG).
- Explanation of the three proposed extensions areas:
  1) IPP Notifications (already started)
  2) IPP Optional Operations for Operators & Administrators
  3) IPP Extensions for Advanced Production Printing
Discussion and checking the level of IETF interest for these extensions.
------
PROPOSED SCOPE FOR BOF AND NEW WG FOR IPP EXTENSIONS (ippext)
                    first I-D			Done
                    WG Last Call          December 1999
   c) Notification Delivery (several)
                    first I-Ds            November 1999
                    WG Last Call          February 2000
2) IPP Optional Operations, mainly for Operators & Administrators
                    first I-Ds		October 1999
                    WG Last Call		March 2000
3) IPP Extensions for Advanced Production Printing
   (will require the addition of more detailed objects, such as
    documents, page ranges, and interpreters)
                    first I-Ds		March 2000
                    WG Last Call          August 2000
-----
Carl-Uno Manros
IETF IPP WG Chair
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com