IPP> Re: IFX> QUALDOCS 2ND BOF Agenda ?

James Rafferty jrafferty at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 12 17:11:59 EDT 1999

Rich,

At 03:38 PM 10/11/99 -0500, Richard Shockey wrote:

>Since there is no current work contemplated on creating a SMTP SESSION
>protocol, it seems reasonable to conclude that IPP is the most likely
>candidate to develop a QUALDOCS supported protocol.

Agreed, based on where we are today.
>The question is a new WG needed or should this be part of ongoing IPP
>developments?

My recollection was that there was a pretty clear directive from Keith Moore
a couple of IETF meetings back that Qualdocs should go forward as
separately chartered work, so as to
faciliate participation from printer, fax and other interested parties as
needed.

I still think this is the right approach.

James

James Rafferty
President, Human Communications LLC
12 Kevin Drive
Danbury, CT  06811-2901
USA
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Fax to email:  +1-603-925-5753  (Current Preferred Fax Number)
Email/Internet Fax:  JRafferty at worldnet.att.net
Alternate email : jrafferty at humancomm.com,
 j_rafferty_hc at compuserve.com (chg from csi.com)

HC Web Site:  http://humancomm.com