Ira Mcdonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Tue Nov 2 19:55:33 EST 1999

Hi Tom,

In the previous (February) and most recent (October) drafts
of the SLP 'printer:' template (for service discovery),
I showed IPP 'printer-name' as equivalent to Printer MIB v2's
'prtGeneralPrinterName' which is CERTAINLY a device name,
since the Printer MIB instruments the 'lump of metal'.

I like your idea that an IPP Printer either contains (as
Interpreters) or is ONE-to-ONE associated with an
IPP Device.  If so IPP 'printer-name' is the same as
'device-name'.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc