Herriot, Robert Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com
Tue Nov 9 22:32:00 EST 1999

Although most of the GENA draft deals with UDP, GENA also includes HTTP over
TCP/IP.

The main PRO for this proposal besides the one listed by Carl-Uno is that it
is a general notification mechanism rather than one specifically for
printing. If IPP supported such a mechanism and other applications used it,
IPP would have other forces helping push the notification infrastructure.

Bob Herriot