IPP> Revised I-D for SLP 'printer:' template

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Mar 9 15:53:03 EST 2000

Hi Ron,

I spoke unclearly.  Some subsequent version MAY
fold in Mikael Pahmp's work.  One of the key
problems with his work is that a reasonable
URL scheme name needs to be chosen and registered
with IANA.  The current 'raw-tcp:' does NOT clarify
that it's doing print service.  I've suggested that
'printraw:' would be a better name.

There is also some potential advantage to separate
I-Ds/RFCs for non-IETF standards track protocols
(like HP port 9100 and Novell NDPS).  This tends
to map better to the LDAP auxiliary object classes
for each print protocol.