McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed May 31 21:04:04 EDT 2000

Hi folks,                                        Tuesday (18 April 2000)

Very small Job Monitoring MIB traps (for IPP Notifications over SNMP).

jmDeviceEventV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmDeviceEventNotifyEvent,
        jmDeviceState,
        jmDeviceStateReasons
    }

jmJobEventV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmJobEventNotifyEvent,
        jmJobState,
        jmJobEventJobStateReasons
    }

jmJobProgressV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmJobEventNotifyEvent,
        jmJobState,
        jmJobEventJobStateReasons,
        jmJobEventKOctetsProcessed,
        jmJobEventImpressionsCompleted
    }

I propose to write this all up in a revised Internet-Draft in the near
future.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  High North Inc

Changes from previous proposal of 22 May 2000:

1)  Revised INDEX clauses of tables to always use single-level indices.

2)  Added 'jmDeviceEventDeviceIndex', 'jmJobEventJobSetIndex', and
    'jmJobEventJobIndex' pointer objects to event tables but not traps.

3)  Deleted '...DeviceIsAcceptingJobs' from event table and trap
    because it's redundant with a value of '...DeviceStateReasons'.

4)  Deleted '...NotifyCharset', '...NotifyLanguage', and '...NotifyText'
    from event tables and traps because they're incompatible with SNMP
    libraries (which assemble trap bindings and then send the IDENTICAL
    trap to all registered destinations) - in IPP, each destination MAY
    request a DIFFERENT value of '...NotifyLanguage', etc.

5)  Deleted '...UpTime' from traps because 'sysUpTime' is included
    in SNMPv1 and SNMPv2/SNMPv3 traps by all conforming SNMP agents.

6)  Deleted '...DateTime' from traps and event tables because it's
    redundant with '...UpTime' objects.

7)  Deleted 'jmJobExtraTable' (for 'notify-attributes' from IPP) as it's
    redundant with attributes in 'jmJobTable' and 'jmAttributeTable'.

8)  Renamed '...TriggerEvent' to '...NotifyEvent' for clarity (and I
    think this is the agreement for all IPP notification methods).

--  Device Table - devices which support job services
--
--  Systems which also implement IETF Host Resources MIB (RFC 2790)
--  SHALL set 'jmDeviceIndex' to 'hrDeviceIndex' for the same device

--  INDEX   { jmDeviceIndex }
jmDeviceEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        jmDeviceIndex                   Integer32 (1..2147483647),
        jmDeviceName                    SnmpAdminString,
        jmDeviceURI                     SnmpAdminString,
        jmDeviceServiceTypes            JmJobServiceTypesTC,
        jmDeviceState                   JmDeviceStateTC,
        jmDeviceStateReasons            SnmpAdminString
    }

--  Device Event Table
--
--  Rows are persistent until system reboot or table overflow

--  INDEX   { jmDeviceEventIndex }
jmDeviceEventEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        jmDeviceEventIndex              Integer32 (1..2147483647),
        jmDeviceEventNotifyEvent        SnmpAdminString,
        jmDeviceEventNotifyTime         TimeTicks,
        jmDeviceEventDeviceIndex        Integer32 (1..2147483647),
        jmDeviceEventDeviceState        JmDeviceStateTC,
        jmDeviceEventDeviceStateReasons SnmpAdminString
    }

--  Device Event Notify - for SNMPv1 Trap or SNMPv2 Trap/Inform
--
--  For all device events

jmDeviceEventV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmDeviceEventNotifyEvent,
        jmDeviceState,
        jmDeviceStateReasons
    }

--  Job Event Table - persistent only for lifetime of job
--
--  Rows are persistent ONLY for lifetime of job

--  INDEX   { jmJobEventIndex }
jmJobEventEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        jmJobEventIndex                 Integer32 (1..2147483647),
        jmJobEventNotifyEvent           SnmpAdminString,
        jmJobEventNotifyTime            TimeTicks,
        jmJobEventJobSetIndex           Integer32 (1..32767),
        jmJobEventJobIndex              Integer32 (1..2147483647),
        jmJobEventJobState              JmJobStateTC,
        jmJobEventJobStateReasons       OCTET STRING (SIZE (4..16)),
        jmJobEventKOctetsProcessed      Integer32 (-2..2147483647),
        jmJobEventImpressionsCompleted  Integer32 (-2..2147483647)
    }

--  Job Event Notify - for SNMPv1 Trap or SNMPv2 Trap/Inform
--
--  For basic job events

jmJobEventV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmJobEventNotifyEvent,
        jmJobState,
        jmJobEventJobStateReasons
    }

--  Job Progress Notify - for SNMPv1 Trap or SNMPv2 Trap/Inform
--
--  For both job-progress and job-completed events