Hugo Parra HPARRA at novell.com
Wed Nov 8 12:58:33 EST 2000

See my comments below.
-Hugo

>>> Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> 11/08/00 08:40AM >>>
>
> This list definitely isn't complete ("mips" should be "mips1",
> "mips2", "mips3", and "mips4" at least), and I'm not sure where the
> M6800 processor (an old 8-bit CPU) fits into the picture... ;)

Let's add the keywords Mike suggested to the list.  Thanks for the input.

> I'm also confused about the use of a MIME type for the
> document-format value and a keyword for the file-type value...

Michael, can you be more specific.  It's not clear to me what is it that you're finding confusing.

> The policy stuff doesn't belong in the driver info - policy is
> something an administrator will set, not the driver, and without
> any means of authenticating that policy you're just opening yourself
> for security risks.

This field was added by the group in the Chicago meeting.  We looked at several scenarios where a user or program would need this additional information to select the "right" print support file.  The value of this field may be populated by a printer manufacturer with 'manufacturer-recommended', but is ultimately up to an administrator (or administrator tool) to populate this field with whatever value makes sense for his/her environment or leave it out all together.

Tom, I don't remember this field being REQUIRED.  My vote is for making it OPTIONAL.