IPP>NOT IETF talk on notification

Hugo Parra HPARRA at novell.com
Wed Mar 22 12:42:54 EST 2000

Bob,

It looks like you're going to engage the IESG in a good discussion.  Excellent.  I have a comment on the "indp:" slide.  I think saying that the notify recipient "acts like a Printer" is inaccurate and can create a lot of confusion.  I don't think that everything that implements an HTTP server stack and accepts requests formatted with the "application/ipp" encoding needs to be described as acting like a printer.  I would rather say it behaves as an http server.

-Hugo

>>> "Herriot, Robert" <Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com> 03/21/00 08:00PM >>>
I have downloaded a powerpoint presentation on notification for the IETF
meeting next week.

We plan to look at it for tomorrow's teleconference.

It is at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/talkNotify000321.ppt