IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

Bruce Greenblatt bgreenblatt at directory-applications.com
Fri Apr 21 16:12:28 EDT 2000

I think this is OK.  For example, the S/MIME RFCs have OIDs from the RSA
arc, e.g.:

SecureMimeMessageV3
  { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549)
         pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) modules(0) smime(4) }

This is in RFC 2633, which is an IETF Standards Track document.  This it is
politcally correct to have an OID that is in a corporate arc in a standards
document.  My recommendation, is to just continue using the ones that are
in the draft, and not worry about it.

Bruce