IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

Bruce Greenblatt bgreenblatt at directory-applications.com
Wed Apr 26 18:55:13 EDT 2000

At 08:57 AM 4/26/2000 -0700, McDonald, Ira wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Lots of confusion here...
>
>James - we already *have* coordinated with Ken Jones (Sun) about

I think that the only confusion here is that the IETF might care if the IPP
LDAP schema uses OIDs that descend from the SUN arc of the OID tree.  If
some people in the IPP working group don't like it, I think that the
(rough) consensus here is that it isn't a big deal.  Use the Sun OIDs, and
don't look back.

Bruce

Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
Sign up for our LDAP Technical Overview Seminar at:
http://www.acteva.com/go/dtasi