Richard Shockey rshockey at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 21 16:14:33 EDT 2000

At 12:44 PM 6/21/2000 -0700, McDonald, Ira wrote:
>Copies: ipp at pwg.org, ifx at pwg.org
>
>Hi folks,                                       Wednesday (21 June 2000)
>
>Per my action from today's IPP WG Telecon, below is a list of the RFCs
>that are pertinent for Internet Fax and therefore for QualDocs (IFax
>over IPP).
>
>Cheers,
>- Ira McDonald
>   High North Inc

This is excellent Ira. . I just want make it publicly clear, as I stated in
the IPP Telecon today that I am totally in favor of the PWG taking on the
QUALDOCS work independently of the IETF.

There is no reason to wait any longer.

I don't think this should be interpreted as a reproach of the IETF, far
from it, it only a simple recognition of the difficulties APP's  Area
Directors have in taking on new work.

Only one new WG, VPIM has received a charter since IETF in Australia.

QUALDOCS has had 3 successful BOF's and a team assembled ready to start
work ....but no charter.

I would continue to extend a open invitation to the members of the IETF-FAX
work group to participate in a PWG QUALDOCS project through this list and
through invitations to the regularly scheduled IPP meetings.

Please Note New Contact Information:

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
5237 Sutherland
St. Louis, MO 63109
Voice 314.503.0640
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey at ix.netcom.com