Anthony.Porter at xeikon.com Anthony.Porter at xeikon.com
Thu Jun 29 08:33:09 EDT 2000

Yes, implementing SMS is a piece of cake, you could send a message to a
gateway that sends a message to the phone, or you could just connect a phone
to the printer.  The last option sounds primitive, but it would allow the
printer software to receive coded SMS messages, perhaps from the operator to
start or shutdown the machine.

It is just that the punter who submits the job needs a way of saying "I want
an SMS when the job has finished, and here is my SMS number"  You could do
it with a sort of conventional email address like +3275736639 at sms but the
submitter would not know whether SMS was really supported and what the
convention was unless he or she asked the printer site first.