Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Jul 10 18:03:31 EDT 2000

Carl,

Your first solution now requires a whole IPP client implementation in your
printer, a considerable extra burden, and what do you do if the job is
accepted by the New Printer, but with some unsupported attributes? How much
do you report back to the original client?

The second suggested solution seems to require that you return all your
print data to the client, not such a good idea if you have several documents
or is doing print-by-reference (and the data has already been fetched by the
printer).

Hence, both of your suggested solutions have issues (or limitations if you
want).

Not sure I have any better solution to offer though...:-(

Carl-Uno