IPP> notification methods

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 26 01:00:41 EDT 2000

I feel a more accurate way of looking at it is:

1. If a device is configured to provide event notification across the
Internet it MUST support mailto
2. If a device is configured to provide event notification in the context
of an Intranet it SHOULD support INDP

We could live with the proposal to bind human/mail vs. machine/indp.
However, this ignores the fact that INDP also handles human readable.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems

pmoore at peerless.com
Sent by: owner-ipp at pwg.org