IPP> notification methods

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Jul 26 10:46:35 EDT 2000

Hi Harry,

It is a serious mistake to limit email to human-readable.
Otherwise I agree with your MUST for email below.

The IETF does NOT like intranet-only solutions in IETF
standards (they usually simply remove them).  And a MUST
solution for the Internet proper that can't convey the full
'application/ipp' semantics is going to fail approval by
the IETF.

If we are developing an Internet standard then we should
get on with it and abide by the IETF's rules and philosopy.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  High North Inc