Wagner,William bwagner at digprod.com
Wed Aug 16 09:48:45 EDT 2000

Jay,

OK. In the interests of a reasonable discussion...

I agree that no compelling reason for machine readable in the mail-to has
been presented. I also note your comment that
" I'll bet big money that the COSTS substantially outweigh
the BENEFITS.  Remember, you're talking some serious client-side
installations to make this work as you describe".

But then, aside from Novell's application and that fact that it is "cool"
(which I think it is), I have not seen a compelling reason presented for
machine readable information in any of the other notification delivery
methods including INDP (or indeed, for INDP with human readable either) and
I suggest that comment about  "serious client-side
installations to make this work" applies even more to INDP. If we are going
to use your objective criteria, we should apply it consistently.

William A. Wagner (Bill Wagner)
Director of Technology
Imaging Division
NETsilicon, Inc.