Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Fri Sep 22 21:25:40 EDT 2000

Ira,

I think you are exaggerating the differences between this draft and previous
similar drafts. I don't think that any of the features in this draft are
revolutionary new, you could possibly argue that the exact combination of
features is different, but the individual features have certainly appeared
in previous drafts and should come as no surprise to those who have followed
our discussions over the last year and a half on notifications.

I hope that you only got carried away because we gave this draft a new file
name and started off with -00 again.

I cannot see us winning anything by putting this draft on a shelf for the
next few of weeks, or months, waiting for somebody to possibly raise
something to discuss later. Such discussion can equally well take place
now during the Last Call period.

Carl-Uno