IPP> paper sources

Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Oct 20 07:21:38 EDT 2000

Norbert,

What do you mean by "paper source"?  Give some examples?  Do you mean input
trays?

We currently don't have a way in IPP for a client to find out what is in
each input tray.  However, we do have a way for the client to figure out
what is loaded in input trays, by querying the "media-ready" (see RFC 2911)
and/or "media-col-ready" (see Production Printing spec) Printer attributes.
The client get a list of distinct media instances that are currently loaded
in input trays.

Thanks,
Tom