Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM kugler at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 27 15:19:40 EDT 2000

> BO3-IMP-4: Some Printers would return all printer attributes even when
only
> one unsupported attribute was requested.  The Printers recognized this
was
> an implementation problem.

On the other hand,

"A response MAY contain attribute groups, attributes, attribute syntaxes,
values, and status codes that the client does not expect.  Therefore, a
client implementation MUST gracefully handle such responses and not refuse
to inter-operate with a conforming Printer that is returning IETF standards
track extension or vendor extensions, including attribute groups,
attributes, attribute syntaxes, attribute values, status codes, and
out-of-band attribute values that conform to Section 6.

I don't see how a client can distinguish these extra values from
extensions, so it should ignore them.  So this is also a client
implementation problem.

     -Carl