IPP> min/max custom size values

Norbert Schade norbertschade at oaktech.com
Thu Mar 29 15:33:08 EST 2001

Hmmmmmm...
We are reaching dangerous areas.
As much as I like to have the keywords a driver can look for to find those values,
I hope that nobody is expecting this to tell anything, where the two values belong to.
Explicitely:
If somebody sends the current print media sizes available in the different trays to the host with a communication protocol like IPP (or another), he should not add a min/max custom size value generally. This would indicate that these two values are valid for all input trays, which normally is wrong.
These are input tray specific values. I know that they can be affected by some other setting as well like a duplexer.
These conditions are certainly out of scope of the global media list.

So as long as we just identify the two keywords and leave it to the communication protocol (or whatever other routine wants to use it) to tell about interdependencies, fine.
If we add the two keys, this must be clear in the comment.
Norbert