UPD> Re: IPP> min/max custom size values

Mark VanderWiele markv at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 30 10:44:11 EST 2001

Careful, we may be making the same mistake we made in IPP where the form
size, media type, and tray are returned separately causing user interface
nightmare  since all three of these really must be selected together  and
represent the actual configuration of the printer.  Therefore, I would
propose that when we have settled in on a syntax for the  form size, media
type, and tray we go one step further and define a way to join the fields
so that the proper constraints can be represented.   Perhaps a simple "+"
character.   Again, form size by itself is meaningless.

Regards,
Mark VanderWiele
IBM, Linux Tecnology Center
512-838-4779, t/l 678-4779