IPP> User Authentification

lloyd.kauapundu at materna.de lloyd.kauapundu at materna.de
Fri Apr 20 08:13:00 EDT 2001

Hallo,
I am planning to implement an IPP-Server, and I want to be able to control
the users who may have access to the server. How can I do this? I know that
there is a required attribute "requesting-user-name"; but this seems to be
inefficient. Most IPP-clients do provide a user with the possibility to
provide his/her name. Instead, the "requesting-user-name" is the name of the
person who has logged on the computer. Are there other ways and means to
implement user authorization and authentification?

Lloyd Kauapundu
MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications
Business Unit Communications
Vosskuhle 37
44141 Dortmund

Tel: +49 (231) 5599-66117