McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Jul 14 12:32:40 EDT 2001

Hi folks,

This thread has been going for several weeks on the SLP mailing
list.  Could IPP implementors who plan to support SLP (at some
point) please participate (here on the IPP list and _then_ on
the SLP list)?

This is the same phantom issue that wasted three months in late
1999 on the SLP and IPP lists.  The PWG concensus at that time
was _one_ registration for _one_ print device.

Novell and IBM folks - comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  High North Inc

PS - Please note that the new SLP mailing list at Source Forge
is entirely closed - you _must_ first join the list to make
a posting.