Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Oct 26 21:38:29 EDT 2001

I like what you guys have come up with.  Thanks.

I assume that the standard keyword value for "notify-pull-method" would be
'ippget', right?

One question:

Why have the "notify-pull-method" Subscription Template attribute by
multi-valued?

For example, if 'ftp' were made a second pull method, then that is
requesting the Printer to put some sort of file that the Notification
Recipient is going to pull.  And I guess that the Event Life time would have
to be the same for both pull methods, since we have only one
"ippget-event-life" Printer Description attribute.  Or would we have one for
the 'ippget' method using the Get-Notifications operation and one for FTP so
we'd need another, say, "ftp-event-life" Printer Description attribute?

If the Event Life's are different, I would think it might be problematic to
have a single Subscription object for both methods.  So how about
simplifying the "notify-pull-method" Subscription Template attribute to be
single valued?  If you want both, the client has to create two Subscription
Objects.

Comments?

Tom