IPP> The first book on IPP

Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Tue Nov 20 11:20:17 EST 2001

All,

Although we don't usually allow advertising on the IETF DLs, I am making an
exception to inform you about the first book on IPP, now out in major
bookstores:

CUPS: Common UNIX Printing System
by Michael Sweet (Easy Software)
ISBN 0-672-32196-3

Unfortunately, the book doesn't have IPP in the book title, but once you
start reading it, you quickly discover that it describes one of the most
extensive implementations of IPP in the market. A definite "must read" for
anybody involved with UNIX or Linux, but also contains enough interesting
stuff for any techie who wants to learn more about how to implement IPP.
The book is about 600 pages and has a CD-ROM with the latest CUPS version.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
1601 N Sepulveda Blvd #505
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266