Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Nov 21 13:13:43 EST 2001

I've down loaded an updated version of the IPP Event Notifications and
Subscriptions spec as agreed on the mailing list as a result of reviewing
the IPPGET Pull Delivery Method spec.  Push Delivery Methods, such as 'indp'
and 'mailto' continue to use the "notify-recipient-uri" (uri) Subscription
Template attribute as before.  However, Push Delivery Methods, such as
'ippget' MUST use the "notify-pull-method" (type2 keyword) Subscription
Template attribute instead.

So there is no change to 'indp' and 'mailto' Delivery Methods (spec or
implementations), only to the 'ippget' Delivery Method.

I've submitted the draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt to the IETF Internet-Draft
Editor in time for the IETF dead-line today, so it will be published as an
I-D in the next few days.  Then we should probably do another IPP WG Last
Call on this document and the IPPGET document which will be forthcoming
today also.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt

Please send any comments to the DL.

Thanks,
Tom Hastings

P.S. I'm recovering at home from my surgery and I fell much better.  I'm
taking the dog out for walks several times a day.  I check my email from
time to time, but not very frequently.  I expect to be back in the office
part time December 6.