McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Jan 2 13:27:11 EST 2001

Hi folks,

Below is the current list of simplifications and clarifications
to be made to SLPv2 (RFC 2608) before advancing it along the
Internet 'standards track' (from Proposed Std to Draft Std)
from Erik Guttman (Sun, IETF SLP WG chair).

Please note that in SLPv2 search filters (which have been full
LDAPv3 search filters), the concensus is that '!' (logical NOT)
will be removed.  If/when IPP eventually incorporates a filter
mechanism for GetJobs (and GetResources?), it would be good
to be coherent with SLP mechanisms (which will remain a conforming
subset of full LDAPv3 filters).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc