McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Feb 9 14:06:20 EST 2001

Hi Bob,

Good comments.  The case and form 'IPP URL' was chosen to conform
to existing practice in recent IETF RFCs that define URL schemes.
The terms section (that equates 'IPP Job' to 'IPP Job object')
could be used to show the equivalence.

It is NOT the responsibility of the IPP URL Scheme document to
enumerate all the IPP protocol attributes that may or must
contain _only_ an IPP URL.  That's the responsibility of the
RFC 2910/2911 specs.  I'll look over the conformance rules.
I fail to see offhand how conformance rules specifically
about the use of URLs that have the scheme 'ipp:' (which is
true throughout this spec when the term IPP URL is used) can
imply that other schemes are OK to use.  Some IPP protocol
attributes may allow values that do not use 'ipp:' scheme
but those are NOT IPP URLs by definition.