Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Mar 22 18:09:15 EST 2001

I've extracted the edits that Don made at the IPP WG meeting in Tampa so
that the mailing list can see them regarding the "Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): Printer Installation Extension" out for IPP WG Last Call closing on
March 26, 2001.  These comments are being treated as Last Call comments.
Send any comments on these comments to the entire mailing list.

1. In Table 1 - "client-print-support-files-supported" attribute fields, in
the "digital-signature" entry, there can be other signature values, so
change "Valid values are:" to "Valid value include:" to give:

One REQUIRED LOWER-CASE 'keyword' string identifying the mechanism used to
ensure the integrity and authenticity of this set of Client Print Support
Files.  Valid values include: 'smime', 'pgp', 'dss', and 'xmldsig' which are
defined in [RFC2634], [RFC1991], [dss], and [xmldsig], respectively.  In
addition, the special keyword value: 'none' is valid.

2. In 3.3.1	Get-Client-Print-Support-Files Request, Target:, the word
"security regime" is not defined, change "security regime" to "security
scheme" to give:

The "printer-uri" (uri) operation attribute which is the target for this
operation as described in [RFC2911], section 3.1.5.  The client MUST use the
URI value as the target of this operation that the Printer returns in the
"uri" field (see Table 1) in the Get-Printer-Attributes response.
Furthermore, the client MUST use the appropriate authorization and security
scheme for this URI as indicated by the Printer's "printer-uri-supported",
"uri-authentication-supported" and "uri-security-supported" attributes (see
[RFC2911] sections 4.4.1, 4.4.2, and 4.4.3).  Only if the URI returned in
the "uri" field matches the URI that the client used for the
Get-Printer-Attributes request MAY the client use the same HTTP connection.
The 'ipp' URL matching rules are defined in [ipp-url] and do not include the
query part.

3. In Table 1 - "client-print-support-files-supported" attribute fields, in
the "cpu-type" entry, there are trademark, so add the following disclaimer
at the end of the document:

Trademarks
	Trademarks within this document are the property of their owners.

Thanks,
Tom