IPP> more attributes for media

Norbert Schade norbertschade at oaktech.com
Fri Mar 23 11:15:58 EST 2001

One more comment:
I do not in every case require that a new media attribute like Coating goes with a list of predefined keywords.
In some cases it may just be fine to agree on certain attributes that drivers/client deal with the same kind of structures, so they have a similar approach to understanding a number of communication protocols, etc.
API's would be similar.
An attribute Coating can as well go with a specification for custom coating as the only 'predefined' keyword, just following the general approach just in this spec. Perhaps we want to add the most common keywords in case of coating as well.
For other attributes a custom keyword can be sufficient and leaves the spec open to any future extension.
Norbert Schade