McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sun Mar 25 18:48:10 EST 2001

Hi Don,

Sorry - I misunderstood your comment (not being able to
see the redlined MS Word source that Tom Hastings was
writing from).  I agree that copying convoluted source
is undesirable.  I suggest I replace the section
entirely with a reference to the appropriate sections
in RFC 2396 (Generic URI) and RFC 2616 (HTTP/1.1).

I don't want to waste time with the IETF ADs because
we 'corrected' convoluted text from 'standards track'
RFCs.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc