Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri May 4 15:07:42 EDT 2001

Ron,

Don was the person that brought up the point of clarification about how to
represent a dimension that was less than 1 at Portland which I captured in
the minutes.  Otherwise, there could be two forms:

  0.nnn
  .nnn

I agree that less than 1 inch (and less than 1 mm) is hardly useful, but we
should cover that case, especially, for the custom case.  And more
importantly, we certainly don't want to allow other leading zeros though,
such as 08.5x011in

The whole idea is that a recipient just does a string match to recognize a
name, not a conversion to numbers and a compare.  So names have a canonical
syntax for all values.

Tom