IPP> global media spec: Ledger

Bergman, Ron Ron.Bergman at Hitachi-hkis.com
Thu Jun 7 12:05:13 EDT 2001

I feel this is a good suggestion and will include this change in the next
draft, unless there is a justification presented for status quo.

    Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Norbert Schade [mailto:norbertschade at oaktech.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 8:15 AM
To: IPP Group
Subject: IPP> global media spec: Ledger

Following the latest discussions about Tabloid and Ledger, the technically
correct interpretation seems to be that Ledger represents the rotated
version of Tabloid.
As we describe every size with short dimension = width, we may want to
change the keyword to na_Tabloid_11x17in and list Ledger as another entry in
the Alias list.
In UPDF we already handle the rotation as a separate attribute of a form.

I agree with Ron's other latest comments on the media sizes.

Regards
Norbert Schade
Principle Software Engineer
Host Software Group