Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jul 17 13:08:19 EDT 2001

mjoel at netreon.com wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I'd like it shorter too.  But isn't it too late?  Aren't there already
> ippget implementations?

Yes, but the "suggested-xyz" attributes are being proposed as a
change (addition) to the current spec.  Since these attributes
haven't been implemented yet, we can change the names...

(personally, I'd love to be able to fix the numerous misspellings
in the current attribute and status names, but for those it is
indeed too late...)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com