IPP> RE: IPPGET Document Review

Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Jul 20 14:47:45 EDT 2001

Sounds even better that when "notify-get-interval" is returned, it is always
returned in a separate Event Notification Attributes Group and with nothing
else in the group (and never as an operation attribute, even on the server
busy error return).  Then the Printer always puts it in the same place when
it returns the "notify-get-interval" attribute.  And the client always looks
for it in each Event Notification Attributes Group, even when the server
returns the busy error.

There is no real reason why a response cannot have real data in a group
(though in our other operations, error information comes back in the
Operation Attribute group and the Unsupported Attribute Group).

Tom