Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Aug 1 16:19:58 EDT 2001

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

> With this simplified Get-Notifications that only takes subscription-ids,
> would it be possible to REQUIRE a Printer to support Event Wait Mode for at
> least one connection as long as the identified Subscription Objects exist?
>
> A Notification Recipient client MUST still accept a "notify-get-interval"
> response from the Printer and try the Get-Notifications that many seconds
> later, if still interested in the events.

Hmm, I'm not sure how this will affect the acceptance of ippget -
some embedded implementations may not even want to support 1 wait-mode
client.

I'm OK with requiring at least one wait-mode connection, but perhaps
some of the other implementers on the list have an opinion?

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com