McDonald, Ira IMcDonald at crt.xerox.com
Tue Aug 28 16:26:08 EDT 2001

Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com>
        IPP WG <ipp at pwg.org>
        SLP Discussion List <srvloc-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi folks,                                       Tuesday (28 August 2001)

I've just sent a new version of 'IPP: LDAP Schema for Printer Services'
to the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/' in the file:

    draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-05.txt (August 2001)

Changes are described in my note to the I-D Editor below.

Carl-Uno Manros (IETF IPP WG chair) will notify the IESG and our IETF
Applications Area Directors that this document is ready for publication
as an IETF Informational RFC (normal practice for LDAP schema documents)
as requested by our IETF reviewer Kurt Zeilenga (OpenLDAP) and our IETF
Apps AD Patrik Faltstrom (Cisco).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at crt.xerox.com

Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <internet-drafts at ietf.org>
        "Pat Fleming" <flemingp at us.ibm.com>
        "Harry Lewis" <harryl at us.ibm.com>
        "Ken Jones" <kenjones at estarcom.com>
        "Ira McDonald" <imcdonald at crt.xerox.com>

I-D Editor,                                     Tuesday (28 August 2001)

IETF IPP WG:

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-05.txt> (August 2001)

It replaces the previous:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt> (December 2000)

This document defines a translation of the SLP 'printer' template to an
equivalent LDAP 'printer' schema.  It is a a conforming superset of
Appendix E 'Generic Directory Schema' IPP/1.1 Model, RFC 2911, September
2000.

This draft has been updated:  a) to label the Category as Informational;
b) to add Section 6 'Definition of Matching Rules'; c) to correct typos;
and d) to correct references to various RFCs.

Thanks very much,
- Ira McDonald (IPP WG member, co-editor of LDAP printer schema)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at crt.xerox.com