Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Oct 30 20:57:43 EST 2001

Another advantage of having two Subscription Template attributes, one for
pull methods and one for push methods:

"notify-recipient-uri" (uri) for push methods
"notify-pull-method" (type2 keyword) for pull methods

is that such bi-directional protocols, such as ftp, can be defined as two
separate IPP Delivery Methods, one for push and one for pull.

In the case of the push method, the uri is "ftp://..."

In the case of the pull method, the keyword is 'ftp' or maybe 'ippftp'.

Again each Subscription object MUST have one or the other, but not both
Subscription Template attributes.

Tom