McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Jan 10 14:25:00 EST 2002

Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <carl at manros.com>
        IPP WG <ipp at pwg.org>

Hi folks,                                     Thursday (10 January 2002)

I've just sent a new version of 'IPP: IPP URL Scheme' to the
Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_URL/' in the file:

    draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt (10 January 2002)

The substance of this document is in five pages, starting at page 6 (see
the change log below).  The previous version of this document has been
through IESG 'last call'.  Carl-Uno Manros (IETF IPP WG chair) plans to
send this final version to the IESG for publication as a Proposed
Standard RFC.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (IPP WG member, co-editor of IPP URL scheme)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com

Appendix X - Change History

   [To be deleted before RFC publication]

   10 January 2002 - draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt
   - final edits after IESG 'last call' comments;
   - revised all titles in sections 4.x to remove redundant prefix of
     'IPP URL Scheme', for readability;
   - revised 'Abstract', section 1 'Introduction', section 4.1
     'Applicability and Intended Usage', section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF',
     and section 6 'IANA Considerations', to explicitly state that the
     "ipp" URL scheme is intended for IANA registration in the IETF URL
     scheme tree;
   - revised section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF', to delete references to
     unused ABNF components from [RFC2396];
   - revised section 11 'Authors' Addresses', to update contact info for
     both editors and to add the IPP Web page and mailing list
     subscription info;
   - moved 'Appendix X - Change History' to back of document, to
     facilitate final edits for RFC publication (including deletion of
     change history);

Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <internet-drafts at ietf.org>
        "Carl-Uno Manros" <carl at manros.com>
        "Tom Hastings" <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com>
        "Bob Herriot" <bob at herriot.com>
        "Ira McDonald" <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>

I-D Editor,                                   Thursday (10 January 2002)

IETF IPP WG:

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt> (10 January 2002)

It replaces the previous:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-03.txt> (2 April 2001)

Thanks very much,
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com

Abstract

   This memo defines the "ipp" URL scheme for registration by IANA in
   the IETF tree.  This memo fully conforms to the requirements in
   [RFC2717].  The "ipp" URL (Uniform Resource Locator) scheme is used
   for specifying the location of an IPP Printer, IPP Job, or other IPP
   object (defined in any future version of IPP) which implements the
   IPP/1.1 Model [RFC2911] and the IPP/1.1 Protocol encoding over HTTP
   [RFC2910] or any later version of IPP.  The intended usage of the
   "ipp" URL scheme is COMMON.