McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Feb 15 15:27:08 EST 2002

[The RFC Editor requested that we correct the Introduction to state
that comments should be sent to all four authors - no other change.]

Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <carl at manros.com>
        Tom Hastings <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com>
        IPP WG <ipp at pwg.org>
        SLP Discussion List <srvloc-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net>
        Pat Fleming <flemingp at us.ibm.com>
        Ken Jones <kjones at bytemobile.com>
        Harry Lewis <harryl at us.ibm.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>

Hi folks,                                      Friday (15 February 2002)

I've just sent a new version of 'LDAP Schema for Printer Services' to
the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/' in the file:

    <draft-fleming-ldap-printer-schema-01.txt> (February 2002)

This document has been _withdrawn_ as a work product of the IETF IPP WG.

Contact info in the Introduction and Authors Addresses sections has been
updated to request that comments be sent to all four of the authors.
The technical content is entirely unchanged from the previous version.

As soon as this I-D is available in the IETF repository, the RFC Editor
will send it to the IESG for review, with a request for publication as
an Informational RFC.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (co-editor of LDAP printer schema)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com

Copies: Internet Drafts Editor <internet-drafts at ietf.org>
        Pat Fleming <flemingp at us.ibm.com>
        Ken Jones <kjones at bytemobile.com>
        Harry Lewis <harryl at us.ibm.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>

I-D Editor,                                    Friday (15 February 2002)

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-fleming-ldap-printer-schema-01.txt> (February 2002)

It replaces the previous:

    <draft-fleming-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt> (January 2002)

Contact info in the Introduction and Authors Addresses sections has been
updated to request that comments be sent to all four of the authors.
The technical content is entirely unchanged from the previous version.

Abstract

   This document provides information for the Internet community.  It
   does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  This document
   defines an LDAP schema, object classes and attributes, for printers
   and printer services, for use with directories that support
   Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAPv3) [RFC2251].  This
   document is based on the printer attributes listed in Appendix E of
   Internet Printing Protocol (IPP/1.1) [RFC2911], the Service Location
   Protocol (SLPv2) [RFC2608] 'service:printer:' template defined in
   [SLPPRT], and the mapping between SLP service advertisements and LDAP
   descriptions of services defined in [RFC2926].

Thanks very much,
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com