Ted Tronson TTRONSON at novell.com
Thu Jul 18 12:07:38 EDT 2002

I see no reason to have the redirection URL.  In the past in might have
been a good idea, but in our present implementation I don't think it
would be needed.

Ted Tronson
Sr. Software Engineer
iPrint Engineering
801-861-3338
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novell.com

>>> "Hastings, Tom N" <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com> 07/18/02 09:23AM

Harry, Carl, Hugo, and Ted,

Do any of you want to keep the redirection URL attribute and status
code in
IPPGET, or can we delete it from IPPGET?  Ira and I were guessing that
maybe
the idea of redirection may have come from the Novell idea of using a
separate Notification Server for a number of Printers.  On the other
hand,
maybe with IPPGET where the Notification Recipient is going the
Get-Notifications operation that maybe each Printer would be more
likely to
do the notification, rather than handing the responsibility off to a
separate Notification Server.

Please see the reasons that Ira and I gave in our Last Call comment on
IPPGET for deleting this application layer redirection from IPPGET.

If you need redirection, you can always use the HTTP redirection.

Thanks,
Tom and Ira