Carl carl at manros.com
Tue Aug 27 18:45:11 EDT 2002

Tom,

It looks like we are saying the same thing on my point 1). It doesn't need
to be mentioned at all in the spec. It is a pure implementation matter, but
as Carl Kugler pointed out, it may not be a feasible solution anyway.

On point 2) I don't think you misunderstood the problem I brought up, viz
what protocol you are using between an IPP Client and a Notification Server.
I don't think we should include a new parameter, which assumes the use of
some non-existent new protocol, even if that happens to be a subset of IPP.
I believe that you are still thinking only about the protocol between an IPP
Client and an IPP Printer in your comment?

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
10701 S Eastern Ave #1117
Henderson, NV 89052, USA