IPP> Moving forward with IPPGET and REDIRECT

Carl carl at manros.com
Fri Sep 6 01:55:06 EDT 2002

Thanks Harry

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
10701 S Eastern Ave #1117
Henderson, NV 89052, USA
Tel +1-702-617-9414
Fax +1-702-617-9417
Mob +1-702-525-0727
Email carl at manros.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-ipp at pwg.org [mailto:owner-ipp at pwg.org]On Behalf Of Harry Lewis
  Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 10:25 AM
  To: Carl
  Cc: Robert Herriot; Hastings, Tom N; ipp at pwg.org; imcdonald at sharplabs.com
  Subject: IPP> Moving forward with IPPGET and REDIRECT

  The main goal of ippget is to specify a mandatory (native) IPP
notification delivery method. Since ippget *redirect*, with the implied
notification server, may be implemented as part of a broader  notification
*system*, I agree to separate redirect from the IETF draft so that we can

  1. Move forward on the mandatory IPP notification IETF drafts
  2. Better investigate and document the role of notification server and
notification redirection in the context of a PWG standard.
  Harry Lewis
  IBM Printing Systems