IPP> New events for IPP Notifications Spec

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Apr 21 11:55:31 EDT 2004

Hi Bob,                                        Wednesday (21 April 2004)

I'm glad to hear that you will finish the edits to the IPP notification
specs needed before IESG 'last call'.

Below are a few additions requested by ongoing PWG and FSG protocol
projects:

1) Add one new Printer State sub-event (requested by PSI WG):

   'printer-state-only-changed':  REQUIRED - the value of
      "printer-state" itself has changed ("printer-state-reasons" and
      "printer-is-accepting-jobs" changes are ignored).

2) Add one new Job State sub-event (requested by PSI WG):

   'job-state-only-changed':  REQUIRED - the value of "job-state"
      itself has changed ("job-state-reasons" changes are ignored).

3) Add two new Job Progress sub-events (requested by IPPFAX WG):

   'job-error': OPTIONAL - error during job processing (for example,
      a page buffer overflow in the PDL interpreter).  See the Job
      attribute "errors-count" defined in section 5.1.1 of [PWG5100.7].

   'job-warning': OPTIONAL - warning during job processing (for example,
      a lower resolution used in the PDL interpeter).  See the Job
      attribute "warnings-count" defined in section 5.1.4 of
      [PWG5100.7].

4) Add a complete set of Document events corresponding to Job events
   (requested by FSG PAPI WG), including:

   'document-state-only-changed':  REQUIRED - the value of
      "document-state" itself has changed ("document-state-reasons"
      changes are ignored).  See the Document attribute "document-state"
      defined in section 9.1.25 of [PWG5100.5].

   'document-error': OPTIONAL - error during document processing.
      See the Document attribute "errors-count" defined in section
      9.1.29 of [PWG5100.5].

   'document-warning': OPTIONAL - warning during document processing.
      See the Document attribute "warnings-count" defined in section
      9.1.45 of [PWG5100.5].

There may also be a few new attributes for the Subscription object.
I'll review my notes and send a separate note.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com