IPP> IPP Opcode registration for Xerox

Gail Giansiracusa ggiansiracusa at peerless.com
Thu Apr 5 20:03:45 EDT 2007

Hi Harry,

This section of the op-code was specifically reserved for manufacturer
specific expansion (and in most cases secret usage) and therefore not to
be regulated by IANA. However, we did recognize that manufacturers might
want to publicize that they were using a specific opcode to avoid
collisions.  Thus we set up the web page
http://www.pwg.org/ipp/opcodes/ippopcodes.html so that we could
advertise which ones were in use.  There is still no guarantee that
there won't be a collision, nor that all op-codes that are used are
actually "registered" here.

Gail

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  -- George
Santayana